Monday, January 5, 2009
Giddiness
I am sitting here at my computer wishing I could actually go to bed but it just doesn't ever happen till around 3. But i am listening to the worlds greatest mix tape and as i think about and listen to it, it makes me giddy. I love that word. I think it is becasue i can't truly define it. But here is how I would define it if I had to; awesome, peculiar, unexplainable, freeing, anxious, delicate, loving, surreal, almost perfect. This feeling of giddiness doesn't come often to me and I think that is a good thing. Life is so funny. Think about it. We spend our entire life looking for love, friends, realness, and purpose and what we end up with is shallow friends who only give a crap about themselves. Our quest of love turns into others taking advantage of that for their own selfish desires. The pursuit of realness just turns to a pursuit of loneliness and despair. Then we end up 10, 20, 30 years down the road absolutely broken. We look back and we have no one sitting in our corner, we have no real friend we can call at 3am, love is now a joke, and we have found that everyone is fake. Why? I think it is because we pursue life so hard that we miss the meaningful people in life, we miss the meaningful relationships, the meaningful path in life because we are looking to hard. May you take a step back and look at whats in front of you in the here and now. May you realize that the people you need in your corner are the ones you dont have to chase and beg. May you find the things and people that give you giddiness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment